Single Point of Contact (SPOC): Dr. Namrata
- The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), a project of MHRD, was initiated by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Guwahati and Roorkee) along with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 2003.
- Five core disciplines were identified, namely, civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering and mechanical engineering and 235 courses in web/video format were developed in this phase.
- The main goal of NPTEL Phase II (2009-14) was to build on the engineering and core science courses launched previously in NPTEL Phase I. An additional 600 web and video courses were created in all major branches of engineering, physical sciences at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and management courses at the postgraduate level.
- NPTEL has set up SWAYAM-NPTEL local chapter (LC) in Swami Shraddhanand College, which is under the headship of a faculty member of the college, who is their Single Point of Contact (SPOC). The SPOC is kept updated about all the latest NPTEL initiatives. The students can then contact the SPOC for any information about NPTEL, if required.
- The SPOC can identify suitable mentors for various courses, who can ensure that students are active in a course, are submitting their assignments on time and clarify the subject doubts they may have.
- NPTEL web and video courses across 23 disciplines are available on the portal archive.nptel.ac.in.
- Certification courses are offered twice a year (Jan-Jun, Jul-Dec). Joining a course is free.
- There is an optional proctored certification exam that the learner can take for a nominal fee at the end of the course to earn certificates.
- Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences and selected humanities and social sciences subjects.
- Youtube channel for NPTEL -- 1.6 billion+ views, 4.5 million+ subscribers, 3000+ unique courses available for self-study.
- More than 54000+ hours of video content, transcribed with subtitles.
- Most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world.
Click here for more information.
Useful Links :
Click here for course list.
Click here for timeline and guidelines.
To join a course
Please go to this link to join for courses that you are interested in.
Points to remember while filling the enrolment form
- Please enter ‘YES’ to the question ‘Are you part of a Local Chapter’
- Choose the correct college name ‘Swami Shraddhanand College’
- Students choose the Profession as ‘Student’
- Faculty choose the Profession as ‘Faculty’ (Not Employed)
Initiative taken by the SPOC of SSNC for the benefit of the students of the college: A free of cost soft-skill training program for a week for the students was organized through NPTEL in an online mode. Click here for details of the same.