1. To provide clean and Green ambience for everyone working in the college.
2. To create awareness and ensure high quality benchmark of universally acceptable standards to maintain green campus and ecofriendly practices.
3. To teach and create a sense of awareness in students through lectures and counselling.
4. Uncover and sharpen the hidden talents of students to suggest novel ecofriendly methods for campus maintenance.
5. To inculcate interest in students so that they apply knowledge of ecofriendly initiatives to improve ecosystem health.
6. To sharpen the decision-making skills of students to accelerate work for the protection of Ecofriendly Green Campus.
The skills and talents of the students are the driving force behind the improvement of college environment and country at large. The SSNC which is spread in two campuses has a beautiful and serene atmosphere not only for the staff and students but also for the neighbouring areas too. For this SSNC is constantly improving its ambience and preserving the environment so that it is enjoyed by the future generations. College campus holds the pristine environment for many pollinators like butterflies, bees, other insects and birds which indicate that the campus supports a healthy ecosystem. It has more than 400 trees of 66 different species. Regular plantation activities in the college and awareness drives have converted its landscape into an eco-friendly green campus. The best practice of making the “Eco-friendly Green Campus” will certainly help in gearing up the environmental and socio-economic targets of achieving sustainable development in future.
SSNC has created the Ecofriendly Green Campus by investing its valuable time to establish the constructive and fruitful ecocentric paradigms. It aims to maintain variety of basic amenities in the campus directing to attain sustainability. As rightly said by Christine Pelasi “Being green and clean is not just an aspiration but an action.” The initiatives for eco-friendly green campus are as follows :
The whole campus has rich plant diversity with a blend of important and valuable trees, herbs, and shrubs. One acre land of the campus in the old campus is devoted for the development of "Saghan Vann '' (small dense forest), keeping the perspective that it will act as lungs in near future for all the adjoining areas and will help in purifying the air up to the radius of 3 km in the vicinity of the college. A record of planting 1000 saplings in less than an hour was made to cultivate the same.
A separate area in the new campus is dedicated to Botanical Garden. The garden is full of beautiful flowers and fruit bearing plants. The garden has one small pond also which has both submerged and floating plants. It has wide utility for the students to understand the practical concepts of pond ecosystem in the paper of ecology and environment science.
The herbal garden in the old campus was inaugurated on 24 April 2023, which has variety of useful herbs such as tulsi, aloe vera, cardamom, heart leaved moonseed (giloy) etc.
The college is equipped with an on-grid rooftop “Solar Power Plant” of capacity 50 KV to fulfill the target of renewable solar energy potential under national solar mission. The solar power plant was inaugurated on 24th Nov. 2020. After installation of the solar power plant, the cost of expenditure on electricity bill is reduced by one fourth.
For recycling the wastepaper SSNC coordinates with the NGO Jaagruti for which a letter of appreciation is given by the same when waste paper is collected by it to be recycled. It collects wastepaper and provides usable A4 size paper in exchange for this. This practice helps in reducing solid waste in a sustainable manner.
A composting unit is made in the botanical garden to decompose the garden waste. The compost prepared is further used in gardening.
The open two third area of the campus helps in recharging the groundwater. A rainwater harvesting tank is made in the lawn for collecting rainwater. Waste RO water is used for gardening. Water meter is installed to monitor the usage of water. Gardening is done through ground water and RO wastewater.
Regular upgrading of knowledge for promoting Environmental awareness through talks by expert in workshops, seminars, webinars organised by college etc. like
The “eco-friendly activities” and various such practices are being regularly held in campus for creating the campus clean and green.
1. All the notices, application, approval, participation, reports, geo-tagged photographs of some of the events etc. are kept and duly signed by the principal.
2. Students have become more conscious in increasing and protecting the Green Cover.
3. There is a boost in extracurricular activities for the students related to ecofriendly practices.
4. Pledge is taken to keep pace with innovation and creativity related to green initiatives.
5. Green standards are followed and maintained.
6. Provision of funds and resources for future planning and implementation of green campus.
7. Good and green cover ambience is a motivation for teaching, non-teaching staff and students so that they contribute more to its maintenance.
8. SSNC participated in the annual flower show of Delhi University through Gardening committee and won prizes in some exhibits. One of the mali’s got the best mali prize in 2023 Pushpotsav.
1. There are number of services/outputs provided by the practice of“ Ecofriendly Green campus” which directly or indirectly enhance quality of life of human.
2. The biodiversity is maintained in the campus and students are taught the concept of different ecosystems and their diverse plants and animals which is the main supporting services provided.
3. Diversity of plants support the survival of pollinators and beneficial insects in the campus.
4. The green campus acts as a carbon sink and has the potential of reducing carbon footprint.
5. The regulating services provided through the “ Ecofriendly Green campus” initiative is the maintenance of good air quality and soil fertility in both the campuses.
6. Solid waste recycling helps in decreasing the burden on landfill sites.
7. Rainwater harvesting has increased the groundwater level.
8. Eco-friendly activities held on a regular basis in campus has developed resilience against urban pollution.
|S. No.||Document Details||Proof|
|4||Green Initiatives of SSN College|
|5||Solid Waste Management|
|7||Alternative and sustainable source of Energy/Solar Power Plant|
|8||Water Conservation and Management|
|9||Flora and Fauna|
1. To create social awareness among the students for identification of social needs.
2. To encourage and engage students in community services.
3. To explore and learn about the use of community resources at the local level.
4. To develop and promote leadership and enhance public participation for the upliftment of underprivileged community.
5. To establish and develop welfare activities for impoverished, orphans and homeless children.
6. Development and extension of remedial, curative, vocational and rehabilitation services for handicapped, and other socially oppressed groups.
7. To coordinate implementation of government laws and policies for the welfare of deprived.
8. To impart special education and skill training to physically and mentally challenged people.
The SSN College has active NSS, NCC and Enactus, which are directly or indirectly involved in the act of generosity,“ : “निःस्वार्थ सेवा; ”. Besides the physical, psychological, and environmental issues the volunteers of NSS and Cadets of different wings of NCC execute various programs related with the social welfare. The purpose of welfare is to help people in need. The various programs offered by the college are related to the upliftment of poor people, orphans, and physically challenged people. For this the college regularly holds the cloth ,book donation drives, blood donation camps and programs for physically challenged person including health care, shelter, and food. The practice “निःस्वार्थ सेवा; ” is done without considering the recompense, is an act of generosity. The students learn ethics and understand the importance of cooperation, kindness, and assistance.
The Practice : The activities involved under the flagship of “निःस्वार्थ सेवा; ” are as follow :
1. Donation Drive : Donation Drives mainly donation of old clothes, winters jackets, blankets, toys, books etc. which are donated among the needy in slum areas and in orphanages.
2. Blood Donation Camps : Blood donation camps are regularly held with the assistance of the Red Cross Society.
3. Donating Eye after life : The awareness on donating eye after life is an act of kindness beyond the dimension. This helps people who have never seen the world before. So, students and staff are encouraged to participate in the programme so that they also show commitment to eye donation, It is done in collaboration with the social welfare society, Saksham.
4. Cleanliness drives : The cleanliness drives are regularly held by NSS volunteers in the nearby locality and in slum areas where people are not aware about the health and hygiene.
5. Organizing events for the disabled people : Various programs are held for the upliftment of economically weak and physically challenged people besides the arrangement of shelters, food, medical care and other resources.
6. Seminars, Workshops, and trainings are organized for the welfare of economically weak sections of society.
7. Awareness Drives : Regular awareness drives are held in the campus and outside the campus related to social issues, environmental problems, health and hygiene conditions.
8. Selfless service during pandemic : The NCC and NSS of SSN College campus were actively involved in caring for the Corona affected people during pandemic. The students also created the helpline desk in college for the same.
9. Programs executed in collaboration with NGOs : Various programs related with women safety, current environmental issues and social problems were organized in collaboration with different NGOs to create awareness among masses.
10. Divyangjan Aid : The enabling unit of college played an important role during Corona pandemic, when all types of issues related to food, health, education, psychological problems were keenly handled by the enabling unit.
Through various activities students learn to work as a team. Overall participation in all these activities has increased with time. Students understand social responsibility and learn to adapt themselves in all situations.
1. All the notices, application, approval, participant attendance record, event reports, geo-tagged photographs of some of the events etc. are kept and duly signed by the principal.
2. Students are trained in social welfare activities.
3. The NCC and NSS reports duly explain the activities carried out for the welfare of needy people.
4. SSN College website and Facebook page of college highlight the activities,like seminars, workshops, and training programs organized by it.
5. Awards and Certificates issued to the students.
6. Learning skills and development which has opened the new doors of employment generation directing to Atmanirbhar Bharat.
7. Learn to adopt measures to eradicate existing problems or issues.
8. Students have became more conscious about the choice of career after their increased interest in community services.
9. Pledge is taken to keep pace with innovation and creativity.
Document Details :
“निःस्वार्थ सेवा; An Act of Generosity "
(Donation Drives Blood Donation Camps, Cleanliness Drives, Awareness Campaign, Sensitizing students and society, Seminar Workshop, Training)
|7||Social Work done with Saksham|
75th Independence Day Celebration
Saghan Van Nirmaan
Shraddha Tarang 2023
National Seminar on Ram Katha